Student Policies & Regulations
- Extreme sports and activities like skydiving, jet-skiing, gliding, etc. are not allowed.
- Any type of alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
- Student driving under USAIEC’s program is prohibited. However, students may take driving class and driver’s license test.
- Student is not allowed to purchase, keep and use any type of illegal drugs. There’s zero tolerance toward the illegal drug possession and use.
- These are the pledges by students:
* We, students, trust and follow the guidance of USAIEC in every aspect of students’ lives and activities.
** We, students, acknowledge that USAIEC has the full control and the exclusive right to return the students to their home countries when there are issues and problems (physical, health related, medical, etc.).
*** We, students, acknowledge that USAIEC has the full control and the exclusive right to return the students to their home countries when students have any violation over student policies and regulations and misconduct not only in school life but in personal life.
- Students cannot travel by themselves or in a group through hitchhike.
- Students are expected to show their full respect and courtesy to the host family and do their best not to disappoint their family. When students are not with the host family, they must notify them their status of whereabouts, whenabout, who they are with, their expected time of return home, and so on.
- Students are required to keep and follow the rules, regulations, and laws of the country they are in; if they fail to abide by these rules and laws, they will be forced to send back to their home country at their own cost.
- Unless it’s emergency or disastrous situation, students cannot skip or miss their classes in any circumstances.
- Maximum amount of petty cash a student can carry per month is 200 USD, and each student is fully responsible for the petty cash. USAIEC has no right nor responsibility at all in regard to students’ money lost, robbed, stolen, etc. Also, USAIEC and the host family never lend any amount of money to students.
- Students must go to school and attend classes regularly. If students need tutoring assistance, USAIEC will assist to find tutors for students at their cost.
- If students who are under USAIEC’s program and guidance have any type of sexual relationship and activities, including getting pregnant or abortion, etc., they will be sent back to their home countries at their own cost; furthermore, any related issues and problems are entirely students’ and their parents’ responsibility.
- Students are not allowed to purchase, keep and use any type of tobacco product and similar substance products.
- Students’ use of internet, email, and any other technology related services must be addressed to their host family and school, and they are required to follow the guidance and rules by them.
- In case of students’ camping or traveling for more than a night, they must notify its details (destination, date, emergency contacts, etc.) to USAIEC, and they must make sure to keep the safety as the most important priority.
- Students have the student visa, which doesn’t allow any paid and unpaid work; however, some minor voluntary work like babysitting, errand running,
mowing, etc. might be allowable, and any type of work must be notified to the host family and to get the permission to do it.